Best Online Background for an Exhibition, Ever













Yesterday the new exhibit at Friends School of Baltimore opened, The Artists's Compass: Drawings and Paintings by Philip Koch. The School had me over to give informal talks with some of the art students (I'm the old guy in the crowd above) in their Katz Gallery.

There will be an opening reception on Wed. January 16 from 6 - 7 p.m. that is free and open to the public- all are welcome (the Katz Gallery is located in the lower level of the Forbush Building). The show is open M-F through Feb. 15, 2013.

If you would like to visit the show at other times and are not a member of the Friends School community please contact their Upper School office to arrange a visitor's pass and an appointment. 410 649 3252 

I want to thank Ramsay Barnes, a former MICA graduate student who years ago helped me teach my drawing classes for the invitation to exhibit at Friends School where he is now on the Art Faculty. Here's Ramsay checking out the show yesterday-




















And I'd like to thank Ben Roach, Chair of the Art Department at Friends School, for compiling a truly impressive on line introduction to the show. He reproduces all the paintings, drawings, and studies exhibited with comments I made and pairs that with historical examples of work by artists from the past who have shaped my direction as a painter. Normally I like to write blog posts of my own to give visitors a broader understanding of my work. But honestly, I don't see how I can improve on Ben Roach's efforts. Here's the link.

Popular posts from this blog

Edward Hopper- Looking Out

Maier Museum of Art Acquires Work by Philip Koch

Edward Hopper's Poetry of Empty Rooms