Clymer Museum of Art in Washington State


Just returned this morning (at 3:30 a. m.) from our trip out to Washington State to attend the opening reception for the Clymer Museum of Art's exhibition of Unbroken Thread: The Art of Philip Koch. We were fortunate to get home as we dodged snowstorms that closed the Chicago and Baltimore airports. And today was devoted to digging out cars.

Will have more to say about the trip tomorrow, but for now just wanted to post a few photos. Above is the drive from Seattle over the Cascade Mountains, which frequently look as if they were designed by an over-achieving Walt Disney, only much better. The sense of scale is awesome.




Above is the front of the Clymer Museum of Art, located on a beautifully restored 19th century city block in downtown Ellensburg.




And here I am standing at the entrance to the exhibition. Behind me is my oil Otter Cove, oil on canvas, 44 x 55".

Right now I'm pretty exhausted so I'll call it a day. But I'll have more photos and some observations tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Edward Hopper- Looking Out

Maier Museum of Art Acquires Work by Philip Koch

Edward Hopper's Poetry of Empty Rooms